This wealthy blue cheese sauce recipe isn’t only for hen wings; it’s the right method to amp up a steak. Simple to make, this blue cheese steak sauce will probably be a brand new favourite in your rotation.
There’s nothing like an expertly cooked flame-kissed charcoal grilled steak. Or the crust on a medium-rare pan-seared steak dinner. However from time to time, even the very best steaks might be taken to an entire new degree with steak sauce.
Wealthy sauces like this one, or our conventional bearnaise or zesty brandy peppercorn sauce, are a straightforward method to take a lean lower of meat and add loads of flavors. It’s a basic restaurant extra for making the fork-tender filet mignon a five-star meal. The salty, creamy tastes amp up the umami like a compound butter does, making the recipe extra satisfying and savory.
Not solely is that this an ideal steak topping, however it’s additionally unimaginable over grilled pork chops and on prime of smoked hamburgers as nicely. You may gown up a smoked beef tenderloin and serve this as an choice or elevate buffalo wings and ditch the ranch salad dressing for this creamy blue cheese sauce.
This easy steak sauce has a creamy texture, however the sharp piquant taste solely blue cheese has. The recipe works with completely different kinds of blue cheese, so take a look at it together with your favorites and even attempt some new.
- Butter – unsalted butter
- White Wine
- GirlCarnivore Ooomami, or your favourite umami mushroom powder. Alternatively, Worcestershire sauce is an effective substitute. Learn extra on what’s umami and use it!
- Heavy cream
- Blue cheese – Stilton or a Danish blue cheese are our favorites – however use any crumbly blue cheeses you want or that you’ll find at your native grocery retailer
- Freshly floor black pepper
make Blue cheese sauce for steaks
- Begin by preheating a forged iron skillet or heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium warmth.
- Then add the butter and swirl to coat the pan. When the butter has completed effervescent and is not frothing, and the shallot and cook dinner till translucent, 3 to five minutes.
Then add the garlic and cook dinner till it’s fragrant, 30 seconds longer.
- Subsequent, deglaze the pan by slowly stirring within the white wine. As you add the wine, it should steam and bubble; scrape any browned bits off the underside of the pan at this level.
- Stir within the umami powder and decrease the warmth to medium-low.
- Slowly stir within the heavy cream, mixing to mix the whole lot.
- When the cream begins to bubble across the edges, rigorously add the blue cheese crumbles, a couple of crumbles at a time, stirring because it melts to type the sauce. It will likely be thick sufficient to coat the again of a spoon.
- Lastly, season with a pinch of pepper and spoon the new sauce over steaks or no matter you serve it with.
- Use any remaining blue cheese crumbles as a garnish over the sauce when serving, so visitors know it’s certainly filled with completely scrumptious blue cheese.
Woman Carnivore Skilled Tip
When you’ve pan-seared a steak or pork chops, use the identical pan to make this a pan sauce whereas the steak rests. The drippings within the pan will assist add to the daring, beefy taste of the sauce.
serve blue cheese sauce
This tangy blue cheese sauce is way more than a scrumptious steak sauce recipe. It’s good over quite a lot of lean meats.
Do that recipe on sous vide filet mignon or pan-seared sirloin steaks. Spoon it over bacon-wrapped hen breast. Drizzle it over roasted broccoli or smoked cabbage for a critical steak home wedge salad. Double the batch and spoon the tasty sauce over an oven-roasted chateaubriand or rack of venison. Strive it with buffalo shrimp or on a smoked baked potato.
When you make and style this, you’ll don’t have any scarcity of concepts.
Leftovers and Reheating
Retailer leftovers in an hermetic container for as much as 3 days. Reheat in a small saucepan over low warmth.
Add this to your rotation of sauce recipes for steaks for once you’re feeling cheffy and need to step up a boring dinner. When you’ve tried this scrumptious blue cheese sauce, please fee the recipe and depart a remark to encourage the subsequent individual to test it out. These small issues assist us proceed offering contemporary content material from the Woman Carnivore Meat Labs.
This steakhouse favourite is a daring wealthy means so as to add superb taste to any lower of steak, pork or hen. It is even nice over veggies or tossed over pasta. In different phrases, it is a lot greater than a steak sauce. It is your new favourite the whole lot sauce.
Preheat a heavy-bottomed pan or skillet over medium warmth.
Add the butter and swirl within the pan to coat.
As soon as the butter has melted and is not frothing, add the minced shallot and cook dinner for 3 to five minutes till translucent.
Add the garlic and cook dinner 30 seconds longer.
Deglaze the pan with the white wine by scraping up any browned bits on the underside.
Combine within the umami powder or Worcestershire sauce
Decrease the warmth to medium-low and whisk within the cream.
As soon as the cream is simply beginning to bubble across the edges, add the cheese, a little bit at a time, stirring to soften.
Season with a pinch of pepper and serve sizzling over steaks.
When you’ve simply pan-seared a steak or pork chops, use the identical pan to make this a pan sauce whereas the steak rests. The drippings within the pan will assist add to the daring beefy taste of the sauce.
Serving: 1g | Energy: 187kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 7g | Fats: 16g | Saturated Fats: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 4g | Trans Fats: 0.1g | Ldl cholesterol: 46mg | Sodium: 354mg | Potassium: 110mg | Fiber: 0.2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 525IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 168mg | Iron: 0.3mg