Completely juicy rooster, peas and potatoes in THE BEST white wine sauce. Really the very best roast rooster dish there ever was.
Hen vesuvio, now a signature Chicago dish, is the very best sort of roast rooster dish there ever was.
With completely golden-brown bone-in rooster thighs, a garlicky-lemony white wine cream sauce, crisp-tender potato wedges and (frozen) peas for that added colour. It’s actually heaven on a plate.
And sure, we undoubtedly want some crusty bread to sop up all that saucy goodness.
A couple of notes:
- Boneless, skinless rooster might be substituted right here however bone-in, skin-on may have the very best sort of taste. Reduce up complete rooster would even be an ideal sub.
- Yukon gold potatoes will work superbly right here.
- We advocate utilizing light-style wines similar to pinot grigio, pinot gris, or sauvignon blanc.
- Don’t like cooking with wine? Further rooster inventory can be utilized instead of the wine.
- 2 russet potatoes, reduce into 8 lengthy wedges
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly floor black pepper, to style
- 6 bone-in, skin-on rooster thighs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 massive shallots, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups rooster inventory
- ½ cup dry white wine*
- ⅔ cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped recent parsley leaves
Preheat oven to 425 levels F. Frivolously oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
Place potatoes in a single layer onto the ready baking sheet. Add olive oil; season with salt and pepper, to style. Gently toss to mix.
Place into oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, or till golden brown, stirring midway. Put aside and hold heat.
Season rooster thighs with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
Soften butter in a Dutch oven over medium warmth. Working in batches, add rooster, skin-side down, and sear either side till golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per aspect; put aside. Drain extra fats, reserving 2 tablespoons within the Dutch oven.
Add shallot, and cook dinner, stirring often, till tender, about 3-5 minutes. Stir in garlic and oregano till aromatic, about 1 minute.
Whisk in flour till flippantly browned, about 1 minute.
Stir in rooster inventory and wine, scraping any browned bits from the underside of the Dutch oven. Return rooster to the skillet.
Place into oven and bake till rooster has utterly cooked via, reaching an inner temperature of 175 levels F, about 12-Quarter-hour.
Stir in peas and lemon juice till heated via, about 1 minute; season with salt and pepper, to style.
Serve instantly with potatoes, garnished with parsley, if desired.
*Hen inventory can be utilized for white wine as a non-alcoholic substitute.