Easter is right here and spring is springing! And meaning it’s time to plan the Easter Dinner – and resolve what’s going to be the massive, scrumptious centerpiece of your Easter Meal.
WHAT MALCOM USED IN THIS RECIPE:
Easter Ham Smoked on a pellet smoker and glazed with a candy, scrumptious Brown Sugar & Honey glaze.
- 8–10lb Half Ham (shank lower)
- 1/4 cup Dijion Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider
- Put together smoker for oblique cooking at 275 levels with cherry wooden or pellets (can use your favourite wooden/pellet combo).
- Rating the outer floor of the ham making a “diamond sample”. Liberally apply Dijon mustard and season all sides with Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub.
- Place ham on smoker and permit to smoke at 275 levels for about 2.5 hours.
- Mix brown sugar, honey and apple cider and stir till clean. Combination ought to have a “glaze” consistency.
- Brush glaze combination all around the exterior of the ham, ensuring to get glaze into the diamond sample rating marks. Proceed to prepare dinner glaze ham on smoker for 1 hour (or till inner temp reaches 140 inner).
- Take away ham from smoker and permit to relaxation for 15-20 minutes earlier than slicing and serving.
Key phrases: Easter ham, easter smoked ham, smoking a ham, glazed ham recipes, smoked ham recipe, smoked easter recipes
For this Smoked Easter Ham recipe, I smoke a half ham with cherry pellets and use a easy Brown Sugar & Honey to glaze. The recipe is easy, and the tip result’s certain to impress all your loved ones and associates.
To begin, you’ll want a ham. I discovered mine at Wal-Mart on sale for $1.98/lb (which I believed was an fairly whole lot). I went with a half bone-in ham (shank portion).
Step one is to arrange the ham for smoking. You’ll wish to rating the floor of the ham in a diamond sample. This can assist the glaze penetrate the meat and provides it a ravishing caramelized end.
Then coat the surface of the ham generously with Dijon mustard and a lightweight coat of Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub for coloration and little sweetness.
Subsequent, you’ll want to fireside up your smoker and get it to the fitting temperature. For this recipe, you’ll wish to intention for a temperature of round 250 levels Fahrenheit. As soon as your smoker is as much as temperature, it’s time so as to add your wooden (I went with cherry pellets) and let that ham smoke!
Whereas your ham is smoking, you possibly can combine up the glaze. I simply combine brown sugar and honey… after which slowly advert Apple Cider till it turns into an ideal “glaze” consistency.
As soon as your ham has been smoking for about 2 – 2.5 hours, it’s time to use the glaze. Use a brush to use a beneficiant layer of the glaze all around the floor of the ham – and ensure to get in all these cracks and crevices.
After one other 45 minutes – 1 hour the glaze is cartelized and the ham is finished. You’ll realize it’s carried out when the inner temperature reaches round 140 levels Fahrenheit. Let the ham relaxation for a couple of minutes earlier than slicing and serving.
A smoked Easter ham is a superb alternative for any Easter dinner. It’s straightforward to arrange, appears to be like spectacular, and tastes superb!
Have a Query About This Recipe?
Join with us in our HowToBBQRight Fb group for recipe assist, to share your photos, giveaways, and extra!